Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Photography 101

I was browsing my friends' blogs yesterday when I came across Aldwin's new post. I was really amazed at the beautiful photos of gumamelas! The clearly focused suject with the blurred background is the effect I wanna capture in my Cybie (my Sony camera), but no matter how many times people explain the aperture/light/blabla thingy to me, it just won't sink in :(
I then had a mental note to ask Alds again about setting up Cybie. It had a weird effect on me though... I guess this camera thing went to my subconscious. I had this weird dream last night: the NEC people went on an underwater cave boat trip. Along the way, Alds was giving me "artsy-fartsy" photography pointers on the lighting and angles. As he was discussing the aperture, he was telling me focus on Hunnypot and adjust the other thingamajigs on Cybie so the cave walls will be blurred. Suddenly, he started asking me if I can focus on the things behind Che O_o I remember him saying, "Kita mo yung haze sa likod ng Hunny? You can't see that normally, but having these settings on your cam, you now can." All of a sudden he was teaching me how to take picture of ghosts!!!! The weird part is, everything he says appears on Cybie's LCD! ("See that girl floating near that rock formation? Her face shows up clearly from this angle.") I was begging him to stop teaching me but I still find myself capturing the ghosts' sullen faces... X_X

When my mom roused me from my sleep at around 8 am this morning I was more than happy to take a shower to shake off the mental images. I don't think I'll be using Cybie at night any time soon :(

2 comments:

hunny said...

Heehee!

Scawwy!

ascii said...

now that's funny. hehehe.