Tuesday, February 14, 2006

On Valentine's and freeloaders

I've heard somewhere that the funeraria business booms when most people are supposed to be celebrating -- on Christmas, on New Year, on Mothers'/Fathers' Day, and yes, especially on Valentine's day. Just because the world is celebrating does not mean everyone is happy. I'll tell you why.

Just this morning, I had this urge to lash out at our neighbor who used our phone. He was sort of elderly, and I swear, their family really has no shame going to our house almost everyday so they can use the phone. They're not very discreet either. At first, they would shout "Aling LITA!!!" till my mom opens the gate for them. When they actually use the phone, they absolutely make no effort whatsoever to lower their voices. What the hell? Stores with payphones are just a few houses away, but here you are using the phone for free, yet you don't have the decency not to wake up everybody in the house? Grrrr....
To make things worse, when I was about to head out of the house, the stupid freeloader exclaimed, "Uy, ang taba ni Tintin o!!" GAGO!!! I pay the bills here, you stupid bastard!!! It's one thing to be concerned (like you know, you want the person to know she should start dieting), but man, have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?! Some people think they deserve respect just because they're old. Geez.

Last night my brother and his friends were drowning themselves in gin. This would have been fine by me, except for two reasons:
1) they were noisy, so it was hard to sleep (I have work the next day) and
2) my brother was forced to take leave. Without pay.
COME ON!! Geez!!!! He doesn't have enough money as it is, yet he has the nerve to spend whatever he has on something as meaningless and useless as gin. Give me a break. He doesn't even contribute in paying the bills at home, and he has two mouths to feed. What exactly does he expect? Everything to be given to him on a silver platter? GRRRRRRRR! I am so angry for words -_-;

So.. back to the Valentine's thing. This certainly is not a Happy Hearts day for me. It's actually annoying me seeing other women with flowers. Not because I greet you "happy valentine's day" does not mean I am actually happy.

This day is SOOO not going well.

No comments: